Weekend in June: events of Spring
Spring in Baronia and Ogliastra is a journey into the heart of Sardinia: many villages open their doors to let you experience the tradition and the outdoors. Among these towns, two are very close to us: Siniscola and Baunei, in the Gulf of Orosei…
Siniscola is a village on the eastern coast of Sardinia, in the province of Nuoro. It’s the historical region of Baronia’s most important town. At the foot of the Mont’Albo limestone massif, surrounded by plains, vineyards, hills and beaches, the Siniscola region has become a major cultural and touristic focal point. The vegetation is wonderful, with a mix of juniper, mastic trees and olive trees, as well as oaks and maples at higher elevations. There are many caves inhabited by humans in prehistoric times – important sites from an archaeological and speleological standpoint. Further down the valley, we find the coastal villages and tourist destinations: La Caletta, Santa Lucia and Capo Comino. A 30-kilometer coastline which has repeatedly received Legambiente’s 5 Sails award: a masterpiece of unspoiled natural beauty, making Siniscola’s beaches among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean.
Archaeological sites that are worth a visit include: the “Cururu ‘e Janas” domus de jana, located along the road that leads to La Caletta, the “Sa Prejone and s’Orcu” cave on Mount Montalbo, the “sa Conca Ruja” cave on Montalbo, and the archaeological area of Bèrchida: a pre-Nuragic village, the “Su Picante” giant’s tomb, located between Capo Comino and Irgoli, the “On ‘Itichinzu” giant’s tomb, located between Capo Comino and Irgoli, and the village of Rempellos, near Berchida beach.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting from 3.30pm – Opening “Sas Cortes bezzas” in the city center with exhibition, preparation and tasting of local food and wine. Cooking workshops, educational workshops on environmental and archaeological activities. Wizard Sardinian dance, painting and photo exhibitions, ethnographic productions, musical concerts and book presentations.
- From 9pm – Opening of Churches in Siniscola.
- Saturday and Sunday from 9pm – Escursions in natural sites and sports activities throughout the territory
- Friday 5 June from 7pm – Typical dances and songs
- Saturday 6 June from 1pm – Feast of “Sa Suppa siniscolesa”
- 4pm – Wine event “Viniscola”. Following poetry contest and wine tasting
- From 7.30pm – Gospel Concert at the San Giovanni Battista Church, by the Black Swans.
- From 8pm – White night: Sardinian dance wandering through the streets of the city center. Performance of the choir Montalbo. Musical evening with international DJs
- Sunday 7 June from 7.30pm – Typical dances and songs
- 8.30pm – Theatre performance
- 9.30pm –
- Dalle ore 21:30 – Music exhibition wandering through the streets of the city center, by the Choir Baronia.
Baunei, nestled at an altitude of 480 meters on the central eastern coast of Sardinia, overlooks the whole Ogliastra, surrounded by an amazing amphitheater of hills and mountains and dominated by the highest peaks of the Gennargentu. Baunei boasts more than 40 km of spectacular panorama and breathtaking landscapes: white sand cliffs, calcareous crags, deep canyons and small bays that make this town unique and unforgettable.
Baunei reflects an enchanting mixture of sea, sun, mountains, wild country, culture, history, traditions and hospitality. In addition to charming nature tours and trips, Baunei is incredibly rich in culture and millenarian traditions, such as the typical wedding celebration “Sa Coua Baunesa”. Guests will have the great chance to discover the authentic taste of local dishes, such as homemade pasta, bread and delicious sweets prepared following the traditional recipes, handed down from generation to generation over the centuries.
- Saturday 6 June from 9.30am – Presentation of the event and “su faurigiu de sa coua”, at the Centro di Documentazione.
- 9.45am – Opening of the old houses, walk through the streets of flavors and arts to relive the atmosphere of the past.
- 10am – Centro di Documentazione: presentation of the photocontest “Sa Coua, emozioni baunesi” and opening of the photography exihibition.
- 10.15am – Guided tour for guests with the Supramonte train and visit at the church of San Pietro.
- 11.00am – Sa Coua Baunesa: “sa lissia”. Commemoration of washing clothes at the ancient public wash of “Osuonu”.
- 1.00pm – The streets of flavors: tasting of the dishes and wines of the local tradition through the streets of the old town.
- 3pm – Guided tour for guests at the “Santu Franciscu” viewpoint, watching from Capo Bellavista to Gennargentu you will cover a short route to the archaeological discovery of the cave “Grutta ‘e Janas”.
- 3.30pm – Continue the discovery of traditions and art in baunesis homes.
- 4pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “su cunfettu”. Demonstration and preparation of the typical sweet of marriage.
- 5pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “su mudongiu”. A small procession made up of women only, go with the old trousseau, in the house of the couple for the construction of the bedroom.
- 6.30pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “as corbes”. Delivery of “sa corbe chin su pè” to godparents and delivery of “as Corbes” with gifts of godparents to the spouses, then exposed in the home of the couple.
- 7pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “su plettongiu”. Baunei ancient custom, which consists of an ironic negotiation between the parents of the couple to agree to the marriage.
- 8pm – Singing in chorus: traveling exhibition of the Chorus “Montesantu” of Baunei.
- 8.30pm – Menu of the local tradition through the streets of the old town.
- Sunday 7 June 9.30am – Walk through the streets of flavors and arts baunesis: tasting sweets.
- 10am – Opening of photo exhibitions and craft at the Documentation Centre.
- 11am – Sa Coua Baunesa : “sa die ‘e sa festa”. Wedding procession along the city center and arrive at church.
- Midday – Sa Coua Baunesa : “s’invitu”. Home of the couple for the good wishes: tasting of traditional sweets of marriage.
- 1.30pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “sa merenda ‘e sa coua”. The wedding lunch with a tasting of traditional marriage, and while the newlyweds and godfathers lunch at the groom’s house, guests can taste the same dishes along the way.
- 3.30pm – Guided tour for guests with the train Supramonte and short archaeological itinerary.
- 4pm – Scenes of ancient daily life in Baunei.
- 5pm – Centro di Documentazione: presentation of books and film screenings on the territory.
- 6pm – Sa Coua Baunesa : “s’ora de ur ballus”. An evening of music, dance groups and exhibition of the Folk Group “Traditions” of Baunei.
- 7.30pm – The streets of flavors: the traditional local dishes in the streets of the old town.
- 9.30pm – Continue the discovery of traditions and art inside the baunesis homes, exhibitions of the Choir and Folk Group, with songs and group dances.
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org